Dexter Lumis was originally scheduled for the North American Championship ladder match at TakeOver after beating Finn Bálor and Timothy Thatcher in a three-way on NXT TV.
However, it was announced this past Wednesday that Lumis had been ruled out of the match due to suffering an ankle injury.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that the injury Lumis suffered was when he botched a flip from the ring to the outside.
If you watched the match, you will have noticed the spot was clearly edited, accidentally revealing he didn’t land it as intended. He finished the match, winning via submission by making Thatcher pass out with his Silence hold, but has been removed from TakeOver.
There’s no word yet on how long he’ll be out for, but his spot in the ladder match will be filled by one of the men who didn’t take the fall in their respective three-ways.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- First Women’s Owen Hart Foundation Cup Finalist Set