In my favourite piece of news today, Deadline is reporting that Disney Channel has given a cast-contingent pilot order for a show starring Lucha Libre legend Blue Demon Jr.
The show, entitled Ultra Violet & Blue Demon, will be an action-comedy, superhero, coming of age story told from the perspective of a young girl. It has been written and executive produced by Pokemon: Detective Pikachu writers Dan Hernandez and Benji Samit.
The synopsis reads that a girl named Violet is chosen by a magical luchador mask to become the successor to her uncle Blue Demon Jr., who is really a secret superhero. Violet will then have to go on her own journey of superhero training while keeping her secret identity safe.
If a cast is found for the show, it should begin shooting in a few months.
Are you excited to hear the news of this show? Let us know on Twitter or on Discord!
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- Plans Revealed For Announcement Of Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio?