New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced that Tetsuya Naito will defend his championships at New Beginning in Osaka. To little surprise, his challenger will be KENTA.
Naito won the IWGP Heavyweight and IWGP Intercontinental Championships at Wrestle Kingdom 14. He defeated Jay White first on January 4th and followed that up by beating Kazuchika Okada on January 5th. Much to the audience’s dismay, his long-awaited celebration was cut short when KENTA interfered.
KENTA hit the Go To Sleep on a weary Naito and posed with both belts. This was followed up on the next night at New Years Dash when KENTA said he would take both belts from Naito. Now, he has his chance.
New Beginning in Osaka will take place on February 9 and will culminate the New Beginning tour.
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- D-Von Dudley Recalls The Usos Asking For Permission To Use The 3D
- Former ROH Owner Cary Silkin Shares Honest Thoughts On Chris Jericho Title Win
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’
- Ricky Starks Believes We Are Beyond AEW ‘Pillar’ Talk