Update for inquiring minds: Eddie Kingston is still not a fan of CM Punk, noted by his recent savage reaction to a recent article about Punk.
To the article, which refers to CM Punk as ‘a mentor’ and ‘trailblazer’, Kingston replied:
“Give me a f**king break”
The article which has been being shared around social media today features quotes from CM Punk discussing his appreciation for being able to return to wrestling now with an emphasis on fostering the next generation of wrestling talent.
It seems Eddie Kingston continues to dispute whether the ‘Punk as a mentor’ narrative is genuine, having previously told WrestleTalk exclusively that he believed CM Punk’s treatment of Darby Allin was not as much about fostering young talent as it was keeping Punk relevant, noting in part:
“I don’t think what he’s doing right now is him. I think it’s all an act. You know what I mean? I look at him in the eyes, it’s all an act. Him hugging Darby telling him, ‘Hey man I’m gonna help you’ – he don’t care. He’s doing that because Darby’s hot, you know what I mean?”
Eddie Kingston is set to take part in the upcoming match at AEW Double or Nothing where he, Santana & Ortiz as well as Blackpool Combat Club members Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley will take on the Jericho Appreciation Society.
Give me a fucking break https://t.co/idHUEh52vy
— Eddie Kingston #BlackLivesMatter (@MadKing1981) May 27, 2022
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed