As the calendar ticked over to 2022, several names who signed with AEW when it first launched back in 2019 have seen their contracts not be renewed, and departed the company.
AEW has focused on the ‘four pillars’ of the future of their company since the launch, with those being MJF, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy and Sammy Guevara.
Guevara went on to become a three-time TNT Champion, but has found himself and his wife Tay Melo being rather unpopular with the AEW fans.
Guevara was recently involved in a backstage altercation with Eddie Kingston, which led to Kingston being suspended by the company and their planned match at All Out being cancelled.
This of course was not the only backstage drama in AEW recently, as the Elite and CM Punk have found themselves suspended by the company, with Punk’s future in even further doubt than a suspension.
Fans are now speculating about Guevara’s future in AEW after some cryptic Twitter activity, with him blacking out his profile, removing all mentions of AEW from his bio, and sharing a gif of Jim Carrey leaving at the end of the Truman show.
Guevara and Kingston are set to have their match on next week’s AEW Grand Slam episode of Rampage.
— Samuel Guevara (@sammyguevara) September 17, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Sends Message About WWE Locker Room After Raw
- Anonymous WWE Star Addresses CM Punk Backstage Behavior At Raw, More Reactions Revealed
- CM Punk Plans Changed On WWE Raw, Real Reason Confirmed
- AEW Star Backstage ‘Frustrations’ Ahead Of Imminent Departure Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Interest In QT Marshall, More Details On AEW Departure
- Changes Made To WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Drew McIntyre Backstage Incident Update After WWE Raw
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- AJ Lee WWE Update After Reference During CM Punk Raw Promo
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo