AEW producer BJ Whitmer was fired by the company earlier this week after being arrested on charges of domestic violence.
Just minutes after his arrest was made public, AEW severed ties with Whitmer, taking to Twitter to post the following statement:
B.J. Whitmer has been terminated following his arrest on domestic violence charges. While talent and staff are ultimately responsible for their own personal actions, this behavior is intolerable within AEW. AEW has reached out to offer support to those impacted by his behavior.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), Whitmer may have been on thin ice in the company even prior to his arrest.
Fightful has noted that Whitmer already had backstage heat in the company stemming from how he had produced a recent match.
It was reported yesterday that former WWE producer Jimmy Jacobs had been hired by the company this past weekend.
Whitmer was arrested on June 4 and charged with first degree strangulation and second degree burglary.
Whitmer had a bond of $25,000 and was released from incarceration on June 12.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed