WWE announced an upcoming tournament to crown the next challenger for Noam Dar’s NXT Heritage Cup at NXT No Mercy.
Dar regained the Cup from Nathan Frazer on this week’s episode of the show, with the ‘Heritage Cup Committee’ concocting a tournament to crown his next challenger.
The tournament, named the NXT Global Heritage Invitational, is set to begin on next week’s episode of NXT.
The tournament will feature two groups of four wrestlers facing off in a Round Robin format.
Each match will have a 12 minute time limit, with wrestlers earning two points for a victory, and one point for a draw.
WWE have now announced the first two competitors in the tournament, with Tyler Bate set to represent England in Group A, while Joe Coffey will represent Scotland in Group B.
Next week’s show will also feature a four-way to crown the next challenger for Tiffany Stratton’s NXT Women’s Championship, featuring Gigi Dolin, Roxanne Perez, Blair Davenport and Kiana James.
🚨 The first two competitors in the NXT Global Heritage Invitational 🚨
In Group A representing England 🏴: Tyler Bate
In Group B representing Scotland 🏴: @Joe_Coffey
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) August 24, 2023
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours