The road to Forbidden Door is upon us, and as such, a ‘Forbidden Door’ style match has been announced for AEW Dynamite.
Dynamite this week emanates from Colorado Springs, Colorado on June 7, just 18 days away from Forbidden Door in Toronto, Canada.
Two major matches have already been announced for Forbidden Door, those being Bryan Danielson vs Kazuchika Okada, and Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay.
We’re likely to see more feuds being set up heading into the pay-per-view starting this week, and there’s already a match announced with someone pretty much stepping through the so-called Forbidden Door from NJPW.
That match for Dynamite this week is a trios match with Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta of the Blackpool Combat Club against Best Friends and NJPW’s Rocky Romero, with Bryan Danielson of the BCC on commentary.
Best Friends and Romero are being billed as representing NJPW’s CHAOS faction, which is of course led by Danielson’s Forbidden Door opponent, Okada.
Also announced for Dynamite is a Texas Tornado tag match with HOOK and Jack Perry against Preston Vance and Dralistico, Ricky Starks vs Jay White, an appearance from AEW World Champion MJF, and Orange Cassidy defending the AEW International Championship against Swerve Strickland,
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) June 6, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- VIDEO: ROH Champion Holds Hilarious Training Session
- Claudio Castagnoli Comments On Bryan Danielson’s Potential ‘Retirement’ Plans
- Released WWE Star Refusing To Give ‘Championship’ Back