Last week immediately following Raw, it was reported that United States Champion Andrade had been suspended for 30 days for violating the Wellness Policy. WWE later confirmed the news.
Due to his suspension, many people speculated that we wouldn’t see either Andrade or Zelina Vega on TV for at least the next month. However, Vega debuted a new client this week on Raw.
Angel Garza dropped the NXT Cruiserweight Championship to Jordan Devlin at Worlds Collide and it appears like this might have been done to prepare Garza for an main roster call-up.
With Andrade off TV for the next few weeks, Vega brought Garza up to Raw to confront his real-life cousin Humberto Carrillo. Garza called Humberto a disgrace to the family and threatened to hit him with a Hammerlock DDT on the outside.
Before Garza could hit Carrillo with the devastating move, Rey Mysterio rushed down to make the save. A one-on-one match between Garza and Rey was then made.
After a fairly decent TV match, Garza managed to get himself disqualified after hitting Rey Mysterio with the Hammerlock DDT onto the exposed concrete outside of the ring.
It is unclear whether Garza appeared on Raw purely because of Andrade’s suspension. It is also unknown at this time whether WWE has plans to keep the charismatic worker on the red brand on a full-time basis.
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss