A former WWE star has commented on a potential return to the company.
Heath Slater had a lengthy run with WWE, signing a developmental deal with the promotion in 2006 before making the jump to the main roster as part of The Nexus in 2010. Spending 10 years on the WWE main roster, he is a four-time WWE Tag Team Champion.
WWE released Heath in a wave of cuts in 2020, and he went on to sign with IMPACT Wrestling. He and Rhino won the IMPACT World Tag Team Championships on the October 20, 2022 edition of IMPACT on AXS TV.
During a virtual signing for K&S WrestleFest, Heath was asked whether he would potentially return to WWE. He answered:
“No, sorry bub… Oh, yeah. I’d go back for [millions of dollars]… . “I’d probably go back for a year or two for [my previous salary]. It was alright. But no, I’m having fun right now.”
Numerous former WWE stars have returned to the company since Triple H came into power as head of creative of the company, such as Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Karrion Kross, Hit Row, Bronson Reed and more.
Heath will compete at IMPACT Wrestling No Surrender on February 24 in a four-way bout against Steve Maclin, PCO and Brian Myers to determine the #1 contender for the IMPACT World Championship.
Transcription via Fightful
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Big Former WWE Name Backstage At ROH Supercard Of Honor
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39