News broke yesterday that WWE star Sami Zayn had signed a new multi-year contract with the company.
Zayn has since taken to Twitter to make a brief statement on his decision to re-sign, but it seems as though he actually signed the contract several weeks ago.
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Zayn actually re-signed at the same time as Kevin Owens in mid-December last year. Dave Meltzer writes:
“Zayn (Rami Sebei, 37) signed a multi-year new contract. This actually took place back the same time Owens signed and we noted that the locker room talk was that he signed. Unlike with Owens, it wasn’t confirmed by company sources past other wrestlers. But the signing coincided with when they had him start working with Lesnar and Reigns on Smackdown.”
The length of Zayn’s new contract hasn’t been reported, but generally new WWE contracts last between three and five years.
Some fans have expressed their disappointment at the news, with many hoping Zayn may leave WWE for the green pastures of either AEW or Impact Wrestling.
- Former WWE Star Seemingly Signs Deal With The Company
- WWE Star Eyes Up Top Free Agent Match
- Backstage Details On Randy Orton WWE Creative Plans
- ‘A Lot Of Negativity’ Backstage In AEW, Reasons Why Revealed
- WWE Botches Big Match Announcement?
- AJ Styles Planned WWE Return Date Revealed
- WWE Star Injured Indefinitely, Pulled From Big Match
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement
- New WWE Faction Member Revealed
- Insane Cody Rhodes WWE Record Revealed