It was recently reported that Becky Lynch will be a heel going forward. Now, we know why this is happening.
Mike Johnson has reported on PWInsider Elite (subscription required) that this was a Vince McMahon idea. He also reported that this was not the original idea for Lynch’s return. He said:
“I was told this was a Vince McMahon idea, and a Vince McMahon pitch. This was not the original idea for her return, she was going to be returning in early October, but everything that went down with Sasha Banks, with her being unable to perform at SummerSlam led to WWE reconfiguring plans and Vince McMahon decided ‘that’s what I want’. Becky Lynch, the biggest babyface star in quite sometime, she’s going to be a heel going forward.”
Lynch returned at SummerSlam to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship from Bianca Belair in 27 seconds. Fans have not been happy with this move, saying WWE has treated Belair poorly.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown