It has now been revealed how Beth Phoenix cut her head open in the Royal Rumble match. She entered at number 19 and lasted 23 minutes, enduring most of the match with a deep cut on the back of her head.
Early in her run, Phoenix was put on the top rope by Bianca Belair. The back of her head hit the edge of the ring post and she got busted open. She wrestled the rest of the match bleeding heavily but Dave Meltzer has reported that the injury is not serious.
Phoenix lasted until the final three with Shayna Baszler and eventual winner Charlotte Flair.
Phoenix eliminated her friend Natalya only to be eliminated by Baszler immediately after.
Were you happy to see Beth Phoenix in the Royal Rumble? Let us know on Twitter or on Discord!
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence