At this week’s AEW Double or Nothing ticket announcement party, a number of big names were announced as members of the roster.
One of these names was Rey Fenix, who, along with his brother Pentagon Jr, attacked the Young Bucks on the stage to announce their arrival in the promotion.
While they are signed with AEW, their contracts are not exclusive as they still have contractually obligated dates with other promotions.
At a show last night, Fenix suffered what looks like a potentially serious injury at an AAW event in Texas, and needed to be stretchered out of the ring after his match.
According to reports, Fenix had attempted a springboard cutter but landed awkwardly and did not get up. Pentagon then rolled into the ring, pinned his opponent quickly, allowing Fenix to be treated for his injury.
In the video below you can see that Fenix is holding his head/neck area, but as of right now we have no word on the severity or the nature of the injury.
Rey Fenix Injured at an AAW show ?
We wish nothing but the best for him and wish him a speedy recovery!
Credit: @ATXCALEB pic.twitter.com/ZiiaEfNvSS
— TurnbuckleTopics (@TT_4You) February 9, 2019
We sincerely hope that the injury isn’t as serious as it looks, and hope to see Fenix back in the ring as soon as he has recovered.
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?