AEW was full of announcements tonight surrounding Double or Nothing. They announced 4 matches for the pay-per-view.
However, the most surprising announcement of the night was who will be handing the winner of the TNT Championship match their brand new title. None other than Mike Tyson will be handing out the title.
Mike Tyson had been rumored to be in discussion with AEW over the week. Now, we know what he’ll be doing.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) May 14, 2020
Cody may have wanted Tyson to be involved because he wanted someone else who made a questionable tattoo decision to be involved to take some heat off his neck tattoo.
While the announcement of Tyson is incredible, it doesn’t have the same magnitude as when Tyson first appeared with Michaels and Austin. However, it does show that AEW is able to get some guys who have always been associated with WWE to partner with him.
The AEW card has also taken shape after tonight.
- Brodie Lee vs. Jon Moxley – AEW Championship
- Nyla Rose vs. Hikaru Shida – AEW Women’s Championship – No Disqualification
- Cody vs. Lance Archer – TNT Championship Match
- The Elite vs. The Inner Circle – Stadium Stamped Match
- Kris Statlander vs. Britt Baker
- The Casino Ladder Match
- Private Party vs. The Best Friends – Number 1 Contender Match for the Tag Team Championships