AEW star and wrestling legend Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts has spoken about his future with the promotion.
Roberts first appeared for AEW in 2019 during that year’s Road To All Out, but officially joined the company in March 2020, interrupting Cody Rhodes during a promo.
Roberts has suffered from a variety of health concerns since joining AEW that have prevented him from making on-screen appearances for the company at times.
Speaking on his podcast The Snake Pit, Roberts indicated that he’ll soon be working behind the scenes on a new AEW community project.
Noting that he’s very excited about an upcoming opportunity to visit hospitals with AEW, Roberts said:
“Whatever AEW wants out of me, I’m there. Whether it’s managing Lance (Archer) or doing something behind the scenes trying to help kids.
“I’ve been approached to do something where we visit hospitals and stuff and I’m very very excited to do it.
“It’s near and dear to my heart, hopefully we’re able to hit some rehab (centers) too where we can talk to some people and help them break the corner.”
Last month, Roberts revealed that he was no longer using oxygen tanks, following previous struggles with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and emphysema.
To stay up to date with all the latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds