Jim Cornette has made it no secret that he’s a big fan of WWE Raw star Austin Theory, and now he’s even comparing him to John Cena.
Cena, who was one of Theory’s heroes growing up, was trained in a large part by Cornette himself in OVW, and Cornette reckons Theory is already showing signs of being better than Cena.
Speaking on the latest Jim Cornette Experience, he said:
“John Cena’s only advantage over Austin Theory at this point in both of their careers was John Cena was a better promo.
“I saw them both at the same age at the same time – I’m sure John Cena as a human being was probably more mature and developed than Austin Theory, because he was that way, he was a f**king mature responsible person even then.
“But Austin Theory is better at everything else at this stage of the game than John Cena was, and I saw both of them.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
This is the second straight week that Jim Cornette has complimented Theory in such a way, having said last week that he couldn’t find a single flaw in his work.
Theory has been announced for the men’s Royal Rumble match this coming Saturday, and is apparently set for an impressive outing. You can find a full list of names who have officially been confirmed for both Rumble matches at this link.
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend