Johnny Gargano has hinted at his potential WWE departure in a tweet about his wife, Candice LeRae, ahead of NXT WarGames.
On tonight’s show, Gargano will team with Tommaso Ciampa, Pete Dunne and LA Knight to do battle with Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes, Grayson Waller and Tony D’Angelo.
On Twitter, Gargano shared a photo of his Candice LeRae themed socks, pointing out that she has been a key player in every women’s WarGames match, but won’t be in action tonight.
Wanting to ‘make sure’ she was with him for this show, Gargano tweeted:
“Found the perfect pair of socks for #NXTWarGames tonight! @CandiceLerae has been in every Women’s War Games match.. and for obvious reasons she’s unable to compete this year.. but I wanted to make sure she still found a way in the cage with me tonight.”
Found the perfect pair of socks for #NXTWarGames tonight!@CandiceLerae has been in every Women's War Games match.. and for obvious reasons she's unable to compete this year.. but I wanted to make sure she still found a way in the cage with me tonight. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/YZ8Gt6TVrP
— Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano) December 5, 2021
Yesterday, Gargano also tweeted a workout photo, with a caption seemingly counting down to WarGames, however some have speculated that Gargano could be indicating that he only has one more date left with WWE:
— Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano) December 4, 2021
Gargano reportedly signed a one-week contract extension so that he could compete tonight, with his current WWE deal is set to end on Friday (December 10).
Amidst all of the uncertainty, Tommaso Ciampa has shared a heartfelt message for his former tag partner.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan