Kota Ibushi had a funny response to a recent rumor regarding his wrestling future, amid speculation of when he will return to action.
Ibushi has not set foot in the ring since injuring his shoulder during the finals of last year’s G1 Climax tournament in October 2021.
Moreover, his contract is reported to expire in January 2023, which will afford him the opportunity to wrestle in other companies.
An account on Twitter posted the following speculation about Ibushi’s future in wrestling, accompanied by an image of Ibushi posing with AEW tag team the Young Bucks:
“Excited to see that there is news that CyberFight [NOAH/DDT] has made Kota Ibushi a BIG OFFER. One that succeeds what he was making in NJPW. His contract expires beginning of January 2023. AEW will most definitely also be in play for Ibushi.”
Ibushi reacted to the rumor in a jokey manner, replying with:
“don’t need that much money”
While it isn’t yet known where Ibushi will wrestle his next match, he has been vocally critical of NJPW management in the past year, leading to speculation that he is likely to move elsewhere.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’