It has emerged that former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi has some “problems” with upper management in NJPW.
Earlier today, Ibushi took to social media with what seemed to be pretty serious accusations aimed towards NJPW management. Given the apparent nature of the accusations, and that we can’t be 100% sure of the translation since they were posted in Japanese, we can’t go into specifics.
However, what we can report is what Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer said about the situation, which was:
“There is more than smoke to the fire. Ibushi has problems with upper management that are significant. Gedo…is trying to smooth them out, but it’s not settled.”
Kota Ibushi is one of the top names in NJPW, and has been out of action since last October due to an injury suffered in the G1 Climax tournament final against Kazuchika Okada.
NJPW had actually announced his return for the New Japan Cup in March, but he ended up being pulled and still hasn’t returned yet.
We will of course keep you updated when more news on the situation emerges.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal