Kota Ibushi has provided an update on his shoulder injury.
The NJPW star has been out of action after suffering a shoulder injury in his G1 Climax 31 Finals against Kazuchika Okada.
Ibushi was announced for the New Japan Cup, but he was pulled from the tour following news of his injury not progressing.
In May, the former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion expressed his frustration with New Japan Pro Wrestling management, which led to the company holding a press conference where penalties were announced for Ibushi and others involved in the matter.
On Twitter, Kota Ibushi addressed the current status with his shoulder injury.
In regards to where his shoulder is at, he said:
“Sadly, my shoulder [injury] is getting worse. I have done my rehab according to the instructions and guidance [of my doctors and trainers] too. I’m not risking anything this time. Physically, it’s been 8 months and I still can’t do a single push-up, so. I’m making a calm decision. I’ll say it again and again, but I’m not giving up.”
Kota Ibushi said that his shoulder won’t move at all and he probably overextended himself for many years, saying:
“If I wrestled now, [my shoulder] would dislocate in less than a minute. I’m sorry that it’s gotten worse and made daily life difficult, instead of having rested again for a little under a year. I will do everything I can to take care of my mother.”
Ibushi also continued to express his frustrations with NJPW and claimed that he has never spoken to President Takami Obhari.
As of this writing, Kota Ibushi remains apart of the New Japan Pro Wrestling roster.
Translations via @thfeelite
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time