WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle has named a surprising group he believes had the potential to be bigger than the nWo.
While a number of iconic factions left their mark on the wrestling world, it can be argued that among the top groups was the nWo.
Speaking on the Kurt Angle show, Angle argued that the TNA stable ‘Main Event Mafia’ could’ve been just as big if they were given enough time to grow.
Noting that at the time of the group’s creation, everyone thought it was going to be huge, Angle said:
“We all knew. It actually worked out even better once we formulated it. We were like ‘Holy crap, this thing is going to be huge.’
“I just don’t think that we gave it enough time. I think if we let it mature for a while, it would be every bit as big as the nWo.”
This group, originally featuring Kurt Angle, Sting, Kevin Nash, Booker T and Scott Steiner, existed for a year between 2008-2009.
The faction was revived in 2013, this time with Angle and Sting siding with Samoa Joe, Magnus and Rampage Jackson.
Kevin Nash was notably an original member of the nWo upon its formation in July 1996.
Nash recently opened up about his relationship with Vince McMahon, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Last Minute Change To AEW Collision