There is a new update on the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles.
On May 16, Sasha Banks and Naomi walked out on an episode of WWE Raw after creative differences with the company.
WWE announced the following week that both women were suspended and vacated the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles with a tournament to determine the new champions happening soon.
Nearly two months later, there has been no further announcement regarding the titles or the tournament.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), talent that they have spoken to have received no word of when or if the tag team title tournament will actually happen.
They also claim that there have heard no discussion regarding the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships since the announcement.
This news follows Natalya feuding with Ronda Rousey over the SmackDown Women’s Championship and Rhea Ripley splitting from Liv Morgan, which has reduced the number of teams in the division.
For the full history of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships, click here.
We will have further updates on the titles and tournament when and if they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- WWE Hall Of Famer’s Daughter Slams WWE Star’s New Look
- Top Star Says AEW Talent Was ‘Very Good’ During Forgotten WWE Run
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced