One of the standout performers from last year’s Mae Young Classic, Jazzy Gabert, will not be participating in this year’s tournament as she confirmed via her Twitter account:
As you by now might know, I will not be at the #myc this year!
The hope was high, I saw your tweets. Thank you for your support!
Wishing all the fantastic girls on the Tournament lot of success and most of all FUN!
I will be watching 👊
— 𝐉𝐚𝐳𝐳𝐲 𝐆𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 (@Jazzy_Gabert) August 2, 2018
Although Gabert was eliminated in the first round last year, she garnered a lot of attention, especially from her mere appearance alone. Standing at 6’1 and sporting a blonde mohawk, the powerhouse definitely stood out from the rest of the field, both literally and figuratively as she was the tallest wrestler that competed in the inaugural event. While some may have considered her first round exit an upset, her opponent Abbey Laith did go on to reach the quarterfinals.
In a post match promo, she declared that “this is not over” and that “she would be back.” However the WWE rescinded her contact with them once they discovered she had three herniated discs in her neck.
Hopefully not being included in the 2018 MYC isn’t a glimpse into her WWE future and we get to see the ‘Alpha Female’ make her return to the company in the near future.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Kota Ibushi Teases AEW Run & Reunion With Kenny Omega
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post