A major championship match is set to be officially announced on tonight’s (July 21) episode of SmackDown.
On last week’s show, Asuka defended the WWE Women’s Championship against Bianca Belair in a rematch from Night of Champions.
The match descended into chaos when Charlotte Flair, Bayley and IYO SKY all got involved, with Bianca winning via DQ following an accidental Spear from Charlotte Flair.
Tonight, WWE are set to officially announce Asuka’s challenger for the championship at SummerSlam.
The reported plan for SummerSlam would see Asuka defend the title against Charlotte Flair and Bianca Belair in a Triple Threat match.
WWE had been running a four-way at recent live events with the three aforementioned women as well as Bayley, leading to speculation she could be added to the match at SummerSlam.
However, Bayley suffered a legitimate injury at a WWE live event last week, the severity of which is yet to be known.
TONIGHT on #SmackDown:
— WWE (@WWE) July 21, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed