An incident took place at last night’s AAA TripleMania in Tijuana show, when AEW’s Don Callis was legitimately attacked.
The incident happened during a post-show angle, which saw Callis and Konosuke Takeshita attack Kenny Omega after his AAA Mega Championship defeat to El Hijo Del Vikingo.
During the angle, Callis was attacked by what was believed to be a fan, who wrestled him to the ground before being broken up by security.
The fight was ‘very much real’, and Callis was said to have suffered some injuries during the altercation.
Callis’ neck and ankle were both said to have been injured in the attack, and Callis is heading to San Diego for medical attention.
In a major update on the situation from Luchablog, the incident was not Callis being attacked by an angry fan, but rather a media person who was not clued in that his and Takeshita’s attack on Omega was an angle.
Omega and Takeshita will face off inside Blood and Guts on next week’s episode of AEW Dynamite in Boston, which will also see the AEW debut of Kota Ibushi.
the story about it being an angry fan seems inflated; it looks like a media person who thought this was a real fight and took Callis down to break it up, not because Callis had some real heat
— luchablog (@luchablog) July 16, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Valuation Of Upcoming WWE SmackDown USA Network Deal Revealed