Marty Scurll’s deal with Ring of Honor reportedly expired at the end of November. However, it is believed that he worked out a deal with ROH to continue working until their Final Battle show on Friday night.
At the show, Scurll tagged with Villian Enterprises stablemate Flip Gordon to take on Flamita and Bandido in tag team action. It was Flamiata and Bandido who picked up the win.
The following night, Marty Scurll appeared at the end of NWA’s Into The Fire pay-per-view, staring down NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis after his match with James Storm.
It seems like not only will Scurll be working with NWA moving forward, but he will be doing so with his successful Villian gimmick.
BREAKING | The VIllain Marty Scurll has just showed up at #IntoTheFire
Watch now on @FiteTV https://t.co/euEpjMsctR@MartyScurll
— NWA (@nwa) December 15, 2019
Dave Meltzer reported in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Marty had agreed to work a “secret date” with a promotion after leaving with ROH, and it seems like this was it.
It remains to be seen whether Scurll will be sticking with NWA on a full-time basis now, or if this is a one-off appearance before he likely reunites with The Elite in AEW. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest on that.
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- Seth Rollins Schedule Update After WWE World Heavyweight Title Win