Matt Hardy has caused much speculation in the past weeks about his retirement. After bidding his tag partner Bray Wyatt farewell, and his wife Reby calling this a transitional time, it was clear that the 43-year-old’s legendary career was nearing its end. At a WWE live event in Corpus Christi, Texas, the ‘Woken One’ confirmed these speculations.
As a fan begged Hardy not to retire, he responded, “Unfortunately, I don’t have a choice. This was probably my last match ever.”
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported that Hardy further explained he would be undergoing physical therapy. This is somewhat expected. The 13-time tag champion made a name for himself performing dangerous spots as one half of the Hardy Boyz.
“It’s time for me to go home. To be a father and a husband. I did so much more than I ever imagined I would do in this industry. Thanks for making this incredible journey with me, ladies and gentlemen. I love you all.”
Hardy’s tag partner Bray Wyatt led a beautiful send-off for the legend, met with a standing ovation by the Texas crowd.
What is your favorite Matt Hardy moment? Let us know on WrestleTalk’s Twitter here or on my Twitter here. You can also join us on Discord to chat with Luke, Oli, and the entire WrestleTalk team and fans here!
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Fans Are Confused By Nikki A.S.H & Doudrop’s Car During WWE Raw Segment
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- Complete WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament Bracket
- Kevin Owens Brings Back His Vicious Side At The Expense Of Ezekiel
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury