There is reportedly a meeting planned between CM Punk another AEW star ahead of Punk’s potential return to the company.
Fightful Select reported that Punk’s return is “tentatively planned”, which you can read more about at this link, but there was specifically some news on someone he could possibly work with when he’s back.
According to Fightful, there was a meeting planned between CM Punk and Chris Jericho.
Punk and Jericho have had well-publicized issues with each other, but the idea of the meeting is reportedly “to see if the two working together is a possibility”.
There were no further details on the meeting other than that.
The report did mention that “the working plan” has been for Punk to make his return to AEW at or around the June 21 episode of Dynamite which is at the Wintrust Arena in Chicago.
There was also said to be talk about it not being a surprise but actually announced in advance, potentially at the Warner Upfronts on May 17.
There’s been talk that Punk’s return could end up playing a part in an AEW “roster split”, which you can read about at this link.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023