WWE
Mercedes Mone has opened up on the potential of her having one more match against Bayley amid WWE future speculation.
Back at WWE Saturday Night’s Main Event in Madison Square Garden, Lyra Valkyria defeated Bayley in the first match of their rivalry after Lyra had turned on her to break up their alliance three weeks earlier.
The attack came at a very interesting time for Bayley, as reports have emerged of her WWE contract expiring soon, with speculation on what her next move will be.
Mercedes Mone Says Bayley Is ‘Always’ Her Dream Match
Speaking to the Daily Star, AEW star Mercedes Mone was asked about Bayley, and whether or not fans can expect to see the two of them have one more match in the future.
She responded:
“You never know in wrestling. That’s always a dream match for me is to have another match with her, she is one of my greatest opponents of all time. Everyone knows one of our greatest matches together, Brooklyn, really changed the way people viewed women’s wrestling.
“It’s always a dream match for me, so you never know.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
More WWE Stars To Leave Soon?
Following the departure of Ilja Dragunov from WWE last night, it was reported that there are more contracts with the company set to expire in the coming months, with a number notably coming up in October.
While no names have been confirmed, the belief is that it is a number of names that have not been featured on television in a while, which Bayley would certainly fit the criteria for.
However, WWE has continued to mention Bayley by name almost weekly since Saturday Night’s Main Event, which at least implies that the company believes there is a chance she will be back in WWE at the end of her deal, as Ilja Dragunov was completely kept off television altogether once news of his contract expiration was clear.
With TKO continuing to push out many wrestlers, a lot of whom people assumed would retire in WWE, we are in a stage where only a select handful of names leaving the company would truly be seen as shocking.
To make sure you stay up to date with all the biggest wrestling and WrestleTalk news, follow us on Threads by clicking this link!
Trending
- WWE Planning Major Roman Reigns Match
- Ilja Dragunov WWE Departure Reason Revealed
- Debut Match Confirmed For WWE SmackDown
- Former WWE Star Details Nick Khan Conversation Before Re-Signing: ‘He Apologized For The Way They Had Treated My Character’
- AEW Champion Addresses Former WWE Star Girlfriend’s Future After Becoming Free Agent: ‘She’s Hungry, She’s Ready’
- ‘So Many People Told Me You Will Never Be Out Of A Job’ – Former Champion Wasn’t Expecting WWE Release Earlier This Year
- Current Champion Teases Shaving Head For Ilja Dragunov Match Outside WWE
- Released WWE Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Planned Date For WWE John Cena Classic Event
- Bronson Reed WWE Return Update