After an exciting match that saw numerous twists and turns, MJF emerged victorious over CM Punk in Chicago, with the help of Wardlow.
MJF shenanigans abounded as he used tape, hidden to view from the referee behind his arm to choke Punk which mirrored the appearance of a submission victory with the referee initially calling the match, declaring MJF the victor until the ruse was discovered.
With the match restarted, Punk came in hot including hitting a Pepsi Plunge which commentary mentioned was “for the first time in 17 years” but it sadly wouldn’t be enough.
With Wardlow walking down to the ring and having a staredown with Punk, it was easy for viewers to miss the detail uncovered on slow-motion replay after the match: Wardlow dropped MJF the Dynamite Diamond ring which back in the ring, MJF used against Punk to lay him out and get the pinfall victory.
Dynamite went off the air with MJF smugly celebrating in the ring with Wardlow standing behind and CM Punk still laid out, lifelessly in the center of the ring.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed