When Cody Rhodes was in All Elite Wrestling, he was temporarily aligned with MJF, before MJF turned on Cody and began their epic feud in late 2019/early 2020.
MJF and Rhodes are friends in real life and, with Rhodes now back in WWE and MJF still in AEW, working for opposing companies.
Nevertheless, it seems there is no love lost between Rhodes and Friedman, as MJF spoke on the Barstool Rasslin’ podcast about how much he loves his friend Cody, saying he offered to buy MJF’s parents to a SmackDown show in Long Island, New York.
“We still talk sometimes to this day. Cody Rhodes is a sweetheart. He texted my parents and offered them tickets for the Long Island show for SmackDown. They couldn’t go. They were busy, but I mean, it was very sweet of him to do. Have you seen his baby? What a cute baby.”
MJF is now locked in a feud with his former henchman Wardlow, with the two set to face off at AEW Double or Nothing should Wardlow take 10 lashes from MJF, and defeat Shawn Spears.
MJF’s mother was in attendance for AEW Dynamite in Long Island last night, and brought a hilarious sign aimed at her son.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Michelle McCool Explains The Undertaker’s Absolutely Bizarre Phobia
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan Make AEW Dynamite Appearance
- Wardlow Promises To Set World Record At AEW Double Or Nothing
- ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey & Veda Scott Get Married (PHOTOS)