Maxwell Jacob Friedman (MJF) has revealed that he signed a new deal with AEW ahead of his return at All Out.
Following the main event of All Out, MJF revealed that he had been the ‘Joker’ who won the Casino Ladder Match earlier in the night. This was MJF’s first appearance for the company following his promo on the June 1 edition of Dynamite which blurred the lines between work and shoot.
Speaking with Ariel Helwani on the MMA Hour, MJF revealed that he has signed a new deal with the company, but stated that it was for no additional time. Noting that he is still set to become a free agent in January 2024, MJF stated that his deal was for more money.
MJF often states that he plans for promotions to fight for him in the ‘bidding war of 2024’. Discussing his upcoming free agency, MJF noted:
“Whoever’s going to offer me the most amount of money is where I’m going to go.”
Because he won the Casino Ladder Match, MJF earned a shot at the AEW World Championship, which he can utilize at a time of his choosing.
He recently teased his involvement in the main event of AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam, when Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson will meet in the AEW World Title tournament finals.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- CM Punk Replaced By Top WWE Star Following Injury
- John Cena Addresses Vince McMahon WWE Allegations
- Randy Orton Comments On Vince McMahon WWE Allegations
- Drew McIntyre Responds To ‘Hypocrite’ Claims Following Bloodline Interference On WWE Raw
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone