WWE Money in the Bank 2023 set a huge company record, as did this week’s edition of Friday Night SmackDown.
Both the June 30 SmackDown episode and the July 1 WWE premium live event emanated from the O2 Arena in London, England.
Both shows were eventful, with passionate UK fans filling the arena on both nights.
During the post-show press conference, Triple H revealed that Money in the Bank 2023 was the highest-grossing arena show in WWE history.
Triple H didn’t specify how much WWE brought in, but this would mean that the show earned more than any other WWE event to take place in an indoor arena.
The Chief Content Officer also revealed that the previous night’s edition of SmackDown was the highest-grossing SmackDown in WWE history.
He did state that over 37,000 fans were in attendance at the O2 Arena across both nights, noting that WWE is proud of the success of SmackDown and Money in the Bank.
As far as attendance figures go, WrestleTix previously reported that 17,617 tickets had been distributed for the sold out Money in the Bank event.
The premium live event was certainly eventful, with Jey Uso pinning Roman Reigns in the Usos vs Reigns & Solo Sikoa Bloodline Civil War.
This marked Reigns’ first pinfall loss since December 2019.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2023 using our tracker right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Bryan Danielson Lists Dream Opponents For Final Full-Time Year In AEW
- WWE Star Says Jade Cargill Would Be A Good Fit For His Faction
- Dominik Mysterio Shares New Rhea Ripley Video After WWE Raw Ultimatum