UPDATE: Clarification has emerged on the exact time Jeff Hardy was arrested on June 1e, which you can find at this link.
More details have now emerged on the arrest of current AEW star Jeff Hardy after the news broke today including his blood-alcohol level.
Hardy was arrested in Volusia, Florida for three charges:
- Violating Restrictions Placed on Driving License
- Driving While License Cancelled/Suspended/Revoked
- DUI Alcohol/Drugs third offense within 10 years
As per ESPN’s Marc Raimondi, Hardy’s two blood-alcohol tests after his arrest came in at 0.294 and 0.291. The arrest was made at 9:54am and Jeff was booked in at 12:45pm.
The legal limit in Florida is 0.08. This means Hardy was at 3.7 times the legal limit.
Raimondi also noted that the police report mentioned a white car “swerving” and “running off the roadway”.
When a police officer stopped Hardy, he seemed to be “in a stupor and confused”. He was “unsteady” and “smelled of alcohol”, and he could not successfully complete any portion of the sobriety exercises.
Per TMZ Sports who obtained a copy of police documents, Hardy had a restriction on his license requiring him to operate vehicles equipped with an interlock device system, which the white Dodge Charger he was driving did not have.
An interlock device system would require the operator to take what equates to a breathlyzer to verify the operator’s sobriety before the vehicle’s ignition can fire.
It also appears AEW has pulled Hardy’s match from this week’s Dynamite. He was set to compete in a three-way tag team championship ladder match alongside his brother Matt against the Young Bucks and Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus.
According to PWInsider, Hardy was bonded out of jail in Volusia County, Florida this evening at 7:07pm EST, after paying a $3500 bond and his expected court date that was previously noted for tomorrow is now listed as ‘canceled.’
Jeff Hardy was previously due in court tomorrow (June 14) at 1:30pm.
According to the Wrestling Observer, WarnerMedia was told to stop all promotion of Jeff Hardy in any commercials or anywhere else immediately.
AEW President and CEO Tony Khan has issued a statement, which you can read at this link.
We’ll continue to provide updates on the situation.
- Report: Another AEW Star Wants To Return To WWE
- WWE Bans Iconic Move For Being ‘Too Dangerous’
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- AEW’s Surprising Message To Star Rumored To Be Leaving
- Brody King Breaks Silence On Future Following Recent Developments
- Real Reason Several AEW Stars Want To Join WWE?
- KSI Reacts To WWE Star’s Comments About Potential Match
- New Details On WWE Releases & Top Star’s Contract
- Angelo Dawkins Reveals The Street Profits’ Main Goal Following Split Rumors
- Roman Reigns’ Next WWE Opponent Revealed?