Former NXT Women’s Champion Kairi Sane’s WWE contract is set to come to an end in February, a year and a half after her last WWE match.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided more information on Sane’s contract. WWE sources that Fightful spoke to said that it is not a done deal that she will depart the company, though most expect her to allow the contract to expire.
The WWE sources told Fightful back in 2020 that Kairi made it clear she wanted to return to Japan. WWE honored her request and wanted to keep her under contract.
When Kairi left the United States, WWE still had hopes of opening up Performance Centers across the globe, which there are reportedly ‘no ongoing plans for any longer.’ Kairi has served as an ambassador for WWE in Japan, as well as doing some commentary.
Fightful notes that when Kairi originally left the US, there was ‘little to no concern’ that she would want to head to AEW, with one WWE higher up saying that it was ‘so far off her radar at that point’. Fightful spoke to that same higher up in light of Sane’s contract coming up, and they said that they still don’t expect her to sign full-time with AEW, but ‘would be surprised’ if she didn’t eventually make an appearance there.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?