Nick Aldis has elaborated on his issues with NWA, the promotion that he previously called a ‘toxic brand.”
Nick Aldis gave his notice to NWA via his social media on November 6. Following this, the promotion suspended Aldis, pulling him from his billed match at NWA Hard Times 3.
The news led to Aldis addressing his Instagram subscribers, to call out NWA as a ‘toxic brand’ in professional wrestling.
In an interview with Nick Hausman of Wrestling Inc., Aldis elaborated on his comments and maintained that he does want to get into the ‘political’ side of wrestling.
The former NWA World Heavyweight Champion said:
“I’m not trying to get into the political stuff. That’s not interesting to me. Politics in this country is very, very split. Very divided. And I’m a centrist.
“However, I feel like as a brand, you should do your best to be apolitical as well. … And that’s not really the meat of the matter. It’s more about the audience (having) been telling them one thing for a long time, and Billy specifically has been disregarding them and doing the complete opposite, almost out of spite.”
Aldis continued to take aim at NWA President Billy Corgan and explained why he thinks Corgan does not listen to fans.
“At some point, it feels like he’s sort of deliberately going against one the fans are asking for, and it just feels like a very spiteful approach. And I just don’t think that it’s got anything to do with business. I think it’s just to do with ego.”
Previously the origins of the falling out between NWA and Nick Aldis were reported. You can read more on this story right here.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk for more on this story as it unfolds.
Transcription via Wrestlinginc.com
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Huge Update On William Regal Joining WWE
- Major William Regal AEW Contract Update Amidst WWE Return Talks
- Report: Worrying Lack Of Fan Interest In WWE Survivor Series WarGames
- WWE Star Fires Shot At Kenny Omega
- Spoiler On Result Of Jeff Jarrett’s Second AEW Match
- Location For Future WWE Stadium Show Seemingly Revealed
- Real Reason Major Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- Backstage News On WWE’s Bonus Payments To Talent
- New WWE Role Pitched For Randy Orton
- WWE Name Fired By The Company