Vince McMahon is officially back on the WWE board of directors, in case you somehow weren’t aware.
Vince elected himself as the company’s executive chairman, with his return being to help facilitate a potential sale of the company.
With McMahon having the final say on who the potential buyer for WWE will be, many have wondered what that means for his future in the company, and if he will only sell to a suitor that will keep him in power.
WWE CEO Nick Khan spoke about Vince during today’s earnings call, where he was asked if McMahon would step down from the company following a sale should it be beneficial to the shareholders.
“Yes. Without question.
“He’s declared it to the board. He’s declared it to us in management. It’s all about shareholder value. Obviously, he is a shareholder. So it’s not about what role he’ll have. It’s about maximizing that value opportunity,”
Khan then went on, speaking about the potential buyers for the company, and how they need more than simply ‘deep pockets’ to be a suitable option.
“A partner that has more than simply deep pockets. So a partner that understands the media business, that’s in the media business, that understands how to further monetize the media business.
“[Also, a partner] that certainly understands our product, our intellectual property, what we’re doing with it, what can be done with it. Media rights, both domestically and internationally. We see the international growth opportunity is huge.
“So these are folks, in terms of choosing the right partner, these are all things that we’re going to be looking at in terms of who can accelerate our business. Again, what’s the best value for our shareholders?” he said.
WWE recorded record profits for the year 2022. You can see the full report at this link.
transcription via Fightful
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed