There had been a lot of talk over the last day or two about NXT UK. A mandatory conference call was set up for today where an update was given to the brand’s talent. Some speculated that it could be the end of the brand following the #SpeakingOut movement.
Now, PWInsider has reported that this is not the case. Rather, WWE officials held the conference call to simply touch base with the talent and let them know they will be getting back in the ring when the time is right. When that will be is still unclear.
The report also stated that there has been talk of taping material for the show. However, there is still no clear idea of when or what it will specifically be used for.
There has not been an episode of NXT UK since April 2 as the pandemic has put a halt to production. There had been plans for many of their top stars heading into WrestleMania but they had to be put on hold. The biggest match being built was going to be WALTER vs. Finn Balor, which would have been incredible. Unfortunately, it was not to be.
UPDATE: WWE has suspended NXT UK star Joe Coffey and released referees Joel Allen and Chris Roberts. You can read more about it here.
What do you think should be done with NXT UK? Let us know on Twitter!
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Eric Bischoff Says Tony Khan Is Booking AEW ‘Like A 14-Year-Old’
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee