A new report has emerged regarding an injury sustained by a wrestler at AEW Full Gear this past weekend (November 19).
At the event, the Elite (Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks) made their return to AEW television and faced AEW Trios Champions Death Triangle (Penta El Zero Miedo, Rey Fénix and Pac).
Death Triangle defeated the Elite at the event to retain their title.
According to Dave Meltzer, speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Pac had his nose broken at some point during the match.
The revelation of an injury explains why Pac wore a protective mask for Death Triangle’s first rematch against the Elite on last night’s (November 23) edition of AEW Dynamite.
The rematch was the first of several, as the two will face each other in a best of seven series over the coming weeks and months.
Death Triangle won yet again in yesterday’s bout, in a match which contained a number of references to the backstage incident between the Elite and CM Punk, which kept all parties off television for several months.
It’s since been reported that people close to Punk are not happy with how last night’s match played out.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting
- New Member Of Don Callis Family Revealed At AEW Dynamite Grand Slam