Paige has opened up about her upcoming WWE departure, clarifying that it wasn’t her decision to leave the company.
The former Divas Champion has confirmed that July 7 will be her last day with WWE.
On a Twitch stream, Paige explained that WWE is letting her contract run out:
“WWE doesn’t want to re-sign me. It’s not my decision. I don’t want anyone to think it was my decision to walk away.
“They weren’t using me to my full potential, that’s for sure. It’s fair. Why do they (need to) employ me to not do very much for them. There is opportunities I could have done. I think they just want to focus on people who are wrestling.”
“I’m appreciative of WWE, I really am. They helped me so much they got me a therapist when I had drinking and alcohol issues. They kept me a long time even after my neck surgery, sitting on my ass. I felt like I had so much left to give there as someone who can cut a decent promo and do a managerial role. It is what it is.”
During Paige’s WWE departure announcement, the star teased a return to the ring. Discussing her potential comeback, Paige said:
“If you don’t re-sign, that normally means you don’t have a no-compete”
“I feel like I can compete again, yeah. 1000%”
(When asked about possibly joining another wrestling promotion) “Sure, if the money is right”.
Over 20 performers have left WWE this year so far. You can check out the full list of WWE departures in 2022 right here.
Quotes via F4WOnline.
- Dolph Ziggler Wins First Title Since WWE Release
- Former WWE Star Wins Championship In NJPW Singles Debut
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- Major Update On Brock Lesnar & Vince McMahon In WWE 2K24
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Randy Orton Hilariously Reacts To John Cena Onlyfans Announcement
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch
- The Rock’s Next WWE Appearance Revealed