Paige has opened up about her upcoming WWE departure, clarifying that it wasn’t her decision to leave the company.
The former Divas Champion has confirmed that July 7 will be her last day with WWE.
On a Twitch stream, Paige explained that WWE is letting her contract run out:
“WWE doesn’t want to re-sign me. It’s not my decision. I don’t want anyone to think it was my decision to walk away.
“They weren’t using me to my full potential, that’s for sure. It’s fair. Why do they (need to) employ me to not do very much for them. There is opportunities I could have done. I think they just want to focus on people who are wrestling.”
“I’m appreciative of WWE, I really am. They helped me so much they got me a therapist when I had drinking and alcohol issues. They kept me a long time even after my neck surgery, sitting on my ass. I felt like I had so much left to give there as someone who can cut a decent promo and do a managerial role. It is what it is.”
During Paige’s WWE departure announcement, the star teased a return to the ring. Discussing her potential comeback, Paige said:
“If you don’t re-sign, that normally means you don’t have a no-compete”
“I feel like I can compete again, yeah. 1000%”
(When asked about possibly joining another wrestling promotion) “Sure, if the money is right”.
Over 20 performers have left WWE this year so far. You can check out the full list of WWE departures in 2022 right here.
Quotes via F4WOnline.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return