More details have emerged on what happened with Cody Rhodes after he wrestled with a torn pectoral muscle at WWE Hell in a Cell.
After being written off TV on WWE Raw, Brandi Rhodes confirmed that Cody had underwent successful surgery on Thursday (June 9).
WWE had initially stated that Cody was set for surgery on Wednesday, but confirmed that his procedure took place on Thursday in a recent update.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Cody got into Birmingham on Wednesday to prepare for the surgery.
The report also stated that WWE had Cody conduct interviews and film content about his injury for a future documentary. It is currently unclear when this would air.
According to WWE’s latest update, Cody will be out of action for nine months.
We will continue to provide updates on Cody Rhodes’ condition as they become available.
Check out the full list of injured WWE stars and their expected return dates right here.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Notable Name’s Planned WWE Tryout Was Cancelled