Paul Heyman has broken down the importance of the upcoming WrestleMania encounter between Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes.
Rhodes won the 2023 Men’s Royal Rumble event to earn an opportunity to face Tribal Chief Roman Reigns for the latter’s Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 39.
Speaking in an interview with Variety magazine, Heyman stressed the importance of the upcoming encounter for both men, summarizing their feud in layman’s terms for a none-wrestling audience:
“There’s more in common with these two characters than there is distinct.
“In that sense, they’re trying to become the most famous member of their family, and that’s a big, big task to accomplish. They’re both trying to define their own legacies through the main event of WrestleMania.”
While Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes is currently the planned main event of WrestleMania, that could theoretically change next weekend.
At the February 18 Elimination Chamber premium live event, Reigns will defend his gold against Sami Zayn.
Check out the announced card for the Elimination Chamber 2023 premium live event right here.
Transcription courtesy of Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- Update On WWE Star Being ‘Pulled’ From Raw