PWG has officially confirmed that Bandido will compete in the 2022 Battle of Los Angeles tournament.
The announcement was made on Twitter:
Bandido is the eighth entrant in the 2022 Battle of Los Angeles!
— PWG (@OfficialPWG) December 16, 2021
Bandido notably won the most recent iteration of the tournament in 2019, and was a finalist in 2018. The Battle of Los Angeles tournament will return on January 29 and 30, 2022, following the event’s hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The former ROH Champion was scheduled to face Jonathan Gresham in the main event of Final Battle, the last ROH show before the promotion’s hiatus. Bandido ultimately didn’t wrestle at the pay-per-view as he tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of the event.
Seven other stars have been confirmed for the tournament:
- Alex Shelley
- Kevin Blackwood
- Lio Rush
- Black Taurus
- Daniel Garcia
- Jack Cartwheel
- Shocking WWE Tag Team Split
- NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez Announces Mystery Partner Is…
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’
- NJPW & IMPACT Wrestling Announce Huge Crossover Show
- NXT Star References Recent Twitter Beef With Main Roster WWE Star On TV
- WWE Raw Viewership & Demo Rating Decrease For February 6 Episode
- NXT Star Freaks Out After Interaction With Ava Raine
- AEW Star Opens Up About Relationship With Young Bucks Deteriorating
- Another Anoa’i Family Member Pitched For WWE Bloodline Faction
- Big Return On WWE NXT