If you watched last week’s episode of AEW, you’ll have seen that the Jericho Appreciation Society (JAS) welcomed a surprise new member in the form of Sammy Guevara, who helped Jericho defeat Ortiz to cost the latter his hair.
Fans have questioned the decision to have Guevara join the group, especially as Guevara walked out of Jericho’s previous faction, The Inner Circle, just last year.
According to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the decision to have Guevara join the group was more to do with making even teams for next week’s Blood & Guts match than anything else.
Dave Meltzer wrote:
While this wasn’t made clear, the Blood & Guts match on 6/29 in Detroit will be six-on-six, with Chris Jericho & Daniel Garcia & Matt Menard & Angelo Parker & Jake Hager & Sammy Guevara vs. Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston & Santana & Ortiz & Wheeler Yuta and the Bryan Danielson picked mystery guy. It was always going to be six-on-six with Yuta added and the decision to put Guevara with JAS was to give them the sixth person.
Given their past on-screen friendship, it arguably makes the most sense to have Guevara as the sixth team member, but as for what happens after Blood & Guts, we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- John Cena Addresses Vince McMahon WWE Allegations
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- The Rock Sends Message To Cody Rhodes & His ‘Little Girlfriend’ Seth Rollins Ahead Of WWE Elimination Chamber