If you watched last week’s episode of AEW, you’ll have seen that the Jericho Appreciation Society (JAS) welcomed a surprise new member in the form of Sammy Guevara, who helped Jericho defeat Ortiz to cost the latter his hair.
Fans have questioned the decision to have Guevara join the group, especially as Guevara walked out of Jericho’s previous faction, The Inner Circle, just last year.
According to the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the decision to have Guevara join the group was more to do with making even teams for next week’s Blood & Guts match than anything else.
Dave Meltzer wrote:
While this wasn’t made clear, the Blood & Guts match on 6/29 in Detroit will be six-on-six, with Chris Jericho & Daniel Garcia & Matt Menard & Angelo Parker & Jake Hager & Sammy Guevara vs. Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston & Santana & Ortiz & Wheeler Yuta and the Bryan Danielson picked mystery guy. It was always going to be six-on-six with Yuta added and the decision to put Guevara with JAS was to give them the sixth person.
Given their past on-screen friendship, it arguably makes the most sense to have Guevara as the sixth team member, but as for what happens after Blood & Guts, we’ll just have to wait and see.
- Cora Jade & Bron Breakker Trending On Twitter After Possibly Revealing Relationship
- AJ Styles On Triple H Taking Over Creative From Vince McMahon: ‘It’s Just Different’
- Santos Escobar Featured On WrestleMania 39 Launch Party & Teases Main Roster Call Up
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- WWE NXT Level Up August 12 Set For Debut & Chase U
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- AJ Styles Talks WWE Contract Status & Whether He Considered AEW