A new report has revealed that WWE believes they can sign a top AEW star.
As previously reported, an update has been provided on Kenny Omega’s contract status with All Elite Wrestling.
Despite an option in the contract for injury time allowing AEW to extend his deal, Omega’s contract is still reportedly up in the near future.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided an update on WWE’s interest in the former AEW World Champion, noting that several in the company believe they have a chance to land Kenny Omega.
The report also notes that Omega had a positive relationship with WWE, and especially Triple H when discussing the potential of heading to the company in late 2018.
Ultimately when Omega’s deal with NJPW ended in early 2019, he signed with All Elite Wrestling as a performer and EVP.
Although there have been heavy AEW accusations regarding contract tampering, WWE sources told Fightful that they don’t believe that was the case with Omega specifically.
We will have further updates on Kenny Omega’s AEW contract situation when they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?