Sean Ross Sapp is reporting that the WWE writer who admitted to not knowing Bobby Lashley’s name in an interview this week has now been released by WWE.
It was first rumoured that WWE was going to be making cuts earlier today, and Kenice Mobley from the writing team is the first known causality.
WWE writer Kenice Mobley has been let go. She was in the news this week after a podcast appearance where she said she wasn’t familiar with the product.
Dave Meltzer reported earlier today that there was heat on Mobley for the comments she made on the Asian Not Asian podcast, with officials being left “embarrassed” by her admitting to knowing little about the product.
For those that haven’t seen, Mobley had the following to say about when speaking about her role within WWE:
“Yes, I have just been hired by WWE. Given the things that you know about me and my entire life and what I’m into, yes (that’s surprising). Yes, also a surprise for me. They did not require me to know anything about wrestling but I do have a background in film production and comedy writing and they’re like, ‘Perfect. Come on in’.
“So I am on the Monday Night Raw team. So there’s Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown and the people I know that are on it are Bobby – his name is either Bobby Ashley or Bobby Lashley and I really should know that. He’s like this giant Black guy and he and the people who are part of his crew, I know that they call – or at least as of last year, they called themselves The Hurt Business. The Hurt Business. They wear suits and they’re like, ‘We’re cool’.”
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’