Prepare for another branch of WWE’s NXT brand. This time, the company is launching their yellow brand into the country of India.
Post Wrestling and Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics reported the news earlier today. They have also reported that filming is expected to begin in 2021. The show will air on television in India and on the WWE Network worldwide.
This will be the third official brand of NXT, following NXT UK and NXT Prime in North America.
While little else is known about the series, the report did state that an eight-man tournament was planned for the show as of a few weeks ago.
WWE has had an interest in making money and growing their Indian market dating back to the last few years. Many will remember the WWE Championship reign of Jinder Mahal as WWE tried to increase their revenue from India.
We will bring you any updates on the status of NXT India as they become available.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan