NXT’s most recent batch of releases came last Friday (August 6), when WWE released 13 names, including former North American Champion Bronson Reed and former NXT Tag Team Champion Bobby Fish.
The released NXT stars have a 30-day non-compete clause, and then are free to work for any other company they wish, whether it be AEW, IMPACT or ROH.
ROH added fuel to the fire earlier today, when they posted a tweet asking which of the released stars their fans wanted to see wrestle for the promotion.
With all of the recent releases, who from @WWENXT would you like to see compete in ROH?
— ROH Wrestling (@ringofhonor) August 13, 2021
It will be interesting to see where all the released talent lands in 30 days, and how many will surface in ROH.
It is now being reported that the NXT names released, namely Bronson Reed, were released because the higher-ups didn’t see them as ‘main roster stars’.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing