WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns’ next three title challengers appear to have been revealed.
Following Reigns signing a new WWE deal, reports revealed that the star is expected to work fewer dates. The Tribal Chief has since been advertised for several shows this summer, including the Madison Square Garden edition of Raw on July 25.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Reigns is pencilled in to face Riddle at Money in the Bank, Randy Orton at SummerSlam, and Drew McIntyre at the Clash at the Castle UK stadium show:
“Right now the talk is, and none of this is close to etched in stone, that Reigns wrestles Riddle on 7/2, Orton on 7/30 and McIntyre on 9/3. The first summer TV Reigns was announced for was 7/25 in Madison Square Garden, which is the go-home Raw for SummerSlam. Reigns will be appearing on TV’s to build those three matches and has also been announced for the 7/22 Smackdown in Boston and 8/19 Smackdown in Montreal.”
Reigns hasn’t defended his gold since defeating Brock Lesnar in their title unification bout at WrestleMania 38. In the main event of WrestleMania Backlash, Reigns teamed with The Usos to defeat the team of Riddle, Orton & McIntyre.
The WWE Universal Champion is currently expected to miss Hell in a Cell on June 5.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 at this link.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence